Catan: Explorers & Pirates is the fourth major expansion for The Settlers of Catan(following Seafarers, Cities & Knights and Traders & Barbarians) and it includes five scenarios and three missions; some of the scenarios make use of the missions while others do not.
Catan: Explorers & Pirates differs from the Catan base game in three main ways. First, instead of having only a single island in the game on which players build and compete for resources, three islands are present – but the landscape of only one of these islands is known at the start of the game. Players start on this island, then build ships and bring settlers into play so that they can then travel to new lands. When a ship ends its movement on unexplored territory, that hex is revealed and a randomly-drawn number chip placed on it, with the player earning one resource as a reward – assuming the hex produces resources, that is. (The number of unknown tiles varies from 16 to 32, depending on the scenario.) A settler and ship can be transformed into a port settlement, from which roads and new ships can be built to enable further exploration.
Second, instead of using cities, Catan: Explorers & Pirates allows players to build port settlements for two corn and two ore, with a port settlement supplying one resource when the adjacent number is rolled at the start of a turn. Like cities, port settlements are worth two victory points (VPs), and the number of VPs required to win depends on the scenario.
Third, if a player receives no resources during the production roll (other than on a roll of 7), she receives one gold in compensation. Two gold can be traded with the bank for a resource of the player's choice. Gold has other uses as well, such as helping you escape from pirates.
The five scenarios included in Catan: Explorers & Pirates are:
• Land Ho! Explore the seas of Catan and discover two new islands to expand your settlements. Once you've discovered an island, you must use ships to ferry settlers from one island to another and colonize distant lands. (Introductory scenario)
• Pirate Lairs! In this scenario, pirates prowl the seas along with your trading vessels. Pay tribute to the pirates or drive them off, then find and capture their lairs to earn gold and VPs! (One mission scenario)
• Fish for Catan! The people of Catan are short of food, so it's time to take to the ocean to fish for meals. These are deep water fish, though, so first you must find their shoals before you can catch them! The Council of Catan will reward players with VPs for returning fish to the island, as well as for capturing pirate lairs. Just watch out for roaming pirates, as not only will they demand gold for tribute, they might also get to the fish before you do! (Two mission scenario)
• Spices for Catan! In this scenario, the Council of Catan wants you to find fish and spices for the people of Catan! As before, they reward the most industrious merchant captains with VPs. Obtaining spice will require you to become friends with the mysterious inhabitants of the Spice Islands, but in return they will not only trade you spices but teach you their knowledge of sailing or even pirate fighting techniques! (Two mission scenario)
• Explorers and Pirates! This lengthy and challenging scenario brings everything from the previous scenarios together! Explore new lands, capture pirate lairs, find fish, and befriend the inhabitants of the spice isles! (Three mission scenario)
FREE SHIPPING ELIGIBILITY
Orders containing Pre-Order items will be held until ALL products in the order have been released.
Pre-Orders are paid in full at time of checkout.
ORDER ADJUSTMENTS (SHIPPING OR DELIVERY ADDRESS CHANGES)
Changes to existing orders can be made by contacting The Hooded Goblin shipping department at email@example.com.
Address changes must be made by a member of staff. Changing the information on your account will not change the order details on our end. You must email or call us if you need to update this information.
Please try to give as much advance notice as possible if you are moving or changing addresses and have outstanding orders with us.
QUANTITY & ORDER ADJUSTMENTS
We reserve the right to adjust the quantities of products ordered. These decisions will be made on a case by case basis and you will be notified of any changes made to your order. This pertains to and is not limited to "buyouts" and other orders involving the sale of high demand products. If an order is deemed to be for resale purposes it may also be subject to a potential adjustment.
WHERE DO WE DELIVER?
Currently we ship anywhere within Canada.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP/ BE DELIVERED?
Please allow 1-3 business days for your order to process and ship. We are always doing our best to make sure your order is sent as quickly as possible! We are also not open Monday's so please calculate that into your shipping estimates.
NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE VERIFICATION (SECURITY CHECK)
Orders may be subject to a name, address, and phone verification with the issuing bank of the credit card. If there are any discrepancies or errors that arise from this process we will attempt to contact you to resolve the issue. Credit or Debit cards issued outside the USA or Canada are not accepted as we cannot perform this step if necessary.
You can provide special delivery instructions in the notes section provided at checkout. If you have a last minute change/request or instructions which require special attention please contact us at (289) 891 6493.
At checkout you will have the option to select In-Store Pickup at our brick-and-mortar location. Your order will be held for at least one month after processing. You must show valid Photo ID when picking up your order. If you would like to designate someone else to pick up your order on your behalf you must leave their name in the order notes or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and your order number.
SHIPPING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
We are currently not shipping to the US.
We are not responsible for any customs, duties, or other fees incurred after the initial transaction has processed.
All orders are subject to product availability. If an item is not in stock/over sold when your order is placed, we will attempt to contact you and remove the item from your order.
All orders are taxed according to your Province, Territory or State.
DAMAGED ITEMS RECEIVED
In the unfortunate event that you receive any damaged items in your parcel, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (289) 891 6493with your order number and a description of the problem. Please also provide a photo of the problem if possible.
If the parcel you receive is damaged please document that as well so that we can be reimbursed by the carrier. We will gladly exchange, return or discount any damaged items.
ONLINE SALES RETURNS
Should you decide you do not want a product within 15 days of delivery or pick-up we will gladly offer a refund upon return of the product. You will be responsible for any shipping costs associated with the return. We do not accept returns on Trading Card Game singles, Trading Card Game sealed product and Sports product.
OVERSIZED ORDERS, SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OR REMOTE LOCATIONS
In certain extraneous cases, additional shipping charges may be required. In these situations you will be contacted to arrange payment. If you wish to cancel your order at this time we will offer a full refund.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.