This section features an overview of the wider hobby of collecting, painting and playing with Middle-earth miniatures, from the very basics of choosing your army, the items you need in order to run games, setting up your battlefield and understanding the rules and profiles you’ll use in-game.
Here, you’ll be taken through the meat of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game – the actual rules that you’ll use to play:
- Basic Principles: a primer on the fundamental concepts and terms used in the book, this section briefly explains a few things that the newcomer may find daunting;
- Turn Sequence: each turn is divided into 5 phases – Priority, which determines who acts first, Movement, which covers moving your models on the tabletop, interacting with terrain and using control zones, Shoot, which covers ranged attacks, Fight, which covers close combat, and Courage, in which your models are tested to see if they stand their ground or flee in terror;
- Monsters: while their basic rules are typically the same as those for other models in the game, Monster models are particularly powerful – this section covers their special rules. This includes War Beasts, huge creatures ridden into battle, crushing the foe as they march on;
- Weapons & Wargear: split into 4 subsections – close combat, missile, equipment and armour – this section explains the variety of weapons and wargear available to your models, and the impact your choices will have on your tactical decisions;
- Magical Powers: certain models have the ability to cast magical powers, and this section explains targeting, casting and resisting those powers during the Move phase, with a list of every Magical Power available to cast;
- Special Rules: this section collects together all the passive and active Special Rules which can appear on model profiles, compiled for easy reference;
- Advanced Rules: found in certain Scenarios, these rules – covering water features, sentries, passengers and carrying objects – come in handy when recreating scenes from the history of Middle-earth;
- Siege Engines: rules for fielding these immense and obvious threats, covering their movement, firing, upgrades and crew (and their ability to launch severed heads as ammunition…);
- Sieges: throughout the history of Middle-earth, many sieges have taken place – here are the basic rules for creating your own sieges with your models.
Narrative Play games allow you to recreate your favourite battles and scenes from both the books and the films, using your collection of Citadel and Forge World models. Each Scenario – found in The Armies of The Lord of the Rings™ and The Armies of The Hobbit™ – has a selection of special rules that balance them, providing an experience closely matching the scenes from the books and films.
With no restrictions whatsoever, Open Play games have unlimited creative potential, and are perfect for beginners and veterans alike. Simply get your collections together and dream up your own scenarios – any combination of army fighting any other combination of army, on a playing field of your own devising with objectives unique to your game – the possibilities are literally endless.
In Matched Play games, you and your opponent gather your forces of heroes and warriors from your collection, up to an agreed points limit, before unleashing your armies for the fate of Middle-earth. This section includes advice on building an army to a points limit, determining the size of the games you want to play, Alliances, wargear limits, initial priority, objectives, and Heroic Tiers – the respect and loyalty that Heroes command.
This section includes 12 Matched Play Scenarios, each providing a different tactical challenge.
The Armies of Middle-earth
This section is an inspiring showcase of beautifully painted miniatures from across the Citadel and Forge World ranges, showing you just what is possible when painting your own.
4 example armies – Minas Tirith, Isengard, Defenders of Erebor, Azog’s Hunters – showing you how the army was built, the points values they represent and the rules they can leverage.
FREE SHIPPING ELIGIBILITY
Orders containing Pre-Order items will be held until ALL products in the order have been released.
Pre-Orders are paid in full at time of checkout.
ORDER ADJUSTMENTS (SHIPPING OR DELIVERY ADDRESS CHANGES)
Changes to existing orders can be made by contacting The Hooded Goblin shipping department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address changes must be made by a member of staff. Changing the information on your account will not change the order details on our end. You must email or call us if you need to update this information.
Please try to give as much advance notice as possible if you are moving or changing addresses and have outstanding orders with us.
QUANTITY & ORDER ADJUSTMENTS
We reserve the right to adjust the quantities of products ordered. These decisions will be made on a case by case basis and you will be notified of any changes made to your order. This pertains to and is not limited to "buyouts" and other orders involving the sale of high demand products. If an order is deemed to be for resale purposes it may also be subject to a potential adjustment.
WHERE DO WE DELIVER?
Currently we ship anywhere within Canada.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP/ BE DELIVERED?
Please allow 1-3 business days for your order to process and ship. We are always doing our best to make sure your order is sent as quickly as possible! We are also not open Monday's so please calculate that into your shipping estimates.
NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE VERIFICATION (SECURITY CHECK)
Orders may be subject to a name, address, and phone verification with the issuing bank of the credit card. If there are any discrepancies or errors that arise from this process we will attempt to contact you to resolve the issue. Credit or Debit cards issued outside the USA or Canada are not accepted as we cannot perform this step if necessary.
You can provide special delivery instructions in the notes section provided at checkout. If you have a last minute change/request or instructions which require special attention please contact us at (289) 891 6493.
At checkout you will have the option to select In-Store Pickup at our brick-and-mortar location. Your order will be held for at least one month after processing. You must show valid Photo ID when picking up your order. If you would like to designate someone else to pick up your order on your behalf you must leave their name in the order notes or email us at email@example.com with their name and your order number.
SHIPPING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
We are currently not shipping to the US.
We are not responsible for any customs, duties, or other fees incurred after the initial transaction has processed.
All orders are subject to product availability. If an item is not in stock/over sold when your order is placed, we will attempt to contact you and remove the item from your order.
All orders are taxed according to your Province, Territory or State.
DAMAGED ITEMS RECEIVED
In the unfortunate event that you receive any damaged items in your parcel, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (289) 891 6493 with your order number and a description of the problem. Please also provide a photo of the problem if possible.
If the parcel you receive is damaged please document that as well so that we can be reimbursed by the carrier. We will gladly exchange, return or discount any damaged items once we have confirmation from the carrier of reimbursement.
LOST ITEMS IN THE MAIL
Sometimes items get lost in the mail. If this happens, please contact us and we will get in touch with the shipping company to determine how we can help. All items we ship are shipped with a tracking number.
ONLINE SALES RETURNS
Should you decide you do not want a product within 15 days of delivery or pick-up we will gladly offer a refund upon return of the sealed product. You will be responsible for any shipping costs associated with the return. We do not accept returns on Trading Card Game singles, Trading Card Game sealed product and Sports or Comic Book products.
If the Item qualified for free shipping, that cost of the shipping will be deducted from the return.
OVERSIZED ORDERS, SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OR REMOTE LOCATIONS
In certain extraneous cases, additional shipping charges may be required. In these situations you will be contacted to arrange payment. If you wish to cancel your order at this time we will offer a full refund.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING FEES
If your package is subject to additional fees, the buyer is responsible for the payment of those fees. This includes fees like changing couriers to ship off of the mainland to places like Victoria.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL AN ORDER FOR ANY REASON. IF WE DO YOU WILL RECEIVE A FULL REFUND.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.