The Core Manual is a 208-page softback book which contains complete rules for choosing and constructing a kill team from 16 factions in the Warhammer 40,000 range (Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Asuryani, Drukhari, Harlequins, Necrons, Orks, T’au Empire, Tyranids and Genestealer Cults), along with background explaining the importance of kill teams to the wider battle for supremacy:
- Shadow War: this section of the book takes you through the roles of kill teams in the 41st Millennium – whether surgically removing an enemy commander or dangerous demagogue, desperately fighting their way through a battlefield to reinforce stranded comrades or finding themselves the last line of defence against an overwhelming force, every battle between kill teams tells a story of heroism and adventure;
- Heroes All: every kill team is different, but all have certain features in common – each features a charismatic, cunning or domineering leader and specialists, skilled individuals who bring vital equipment and talents;
- Theatres of War: the supreme commanders of the 41st Millennium have incredible military might at their disposal, and yet there are many scenarios in which the precise application of a small, highly trained force is appropriate. Thousands of war zones have seen drastic changes after a kill team incursion; this section describes but a few of the myriad different environments these small squads have battled in.
- Core Rules: covering the basics of Kill Team, this section takes you through exactly what you need in order to play, explains how to interpret and use datasheets, and how to set up your battle. It takes you through Battle Rounds, which consist of Initiative, Movement, Psychic, Shooting, Fighting and Morale phases with annotated, easy to follow guides and photographs;
- Fighting a Battle: here you’ll learn how the structure of your game will be defined – deciding on a mission, setting up the battlefield, and deploying your kill teams. Included is an example Open Play mission – Covert War – which serves as an easy introduction;
- Advanced Rules: this section adds a variety of optional rules for complexity and depth, recommended for use after players are familiar with the core rules. It includes different types of terrain, rules for climbing, mantling, leaping over gaps and covers damage received by falling from heights;
- Killzones: these are environment-specific rules, adding danger and advantages according to the area your miniatures find themselves in. This section includes Sector Imperialis rules, which are designed for use with the scenery found in the box;
- Missions: this section introduces 3 Open, 4 Matched and 4 Narrative play missions, showing you how to pick and choose elements from each to create your own games, the way you want to play them. It includes details of the Scouting Phase, in which planning, preparing and luck can dictate the direction of the battle to be fought. Each included mission features advice on selecting your teams, setup, deployment and victory conditions;
- Kill Teams: this section takes you through building your kill team in a thorough and easy to follow manner, covering Open, Matched and Narrative play-specific teams;
- Command Points: Matched play kill teams can be Battle-forged – this section describes the tactics specific to these teams;
- Specialists: these are experienced fighters with certain abilities, split into 9 disciplines: Leader, Combat, Comms, Demolitions, Heavy, Medic, Scout, Sniper, Veteran and Zealot, each featuring 3 exclusive Tactics. These Tactics are increasingly powerful, and are unlocked by acquiring experience during a campaign;
- Background information for each of the following factions: Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Asuryani, Drukhari, Harlequins, Necrons, Orks, T’au Empire, Tyranids, and Genestealer Cults. This section can be used to add character to your kill team, with name and characteristic generators, faction-specific Tactics, and even quirks for each of your squad members. Each faction also features datasheets and comprehensive wargear tables with points lists and abilities.
Kill Team can be played and enjoyed in one-off missions, but included are a suite of comprehensive optional rules for fighting multiple battles in a connected series, forming a narrative of covert battles fought alongside a greater war. This section of the book walks you through a Kill Team campaign: the victory conditions, how to select missions, gain experience and upgrade your team, deal with injuries, manage resources and even escalate conflict. This includes blank command rosters and datasheets which you can photocopy and use to keep track of your campaign.
On top of all this is a miniatures showcase, brimming with inspiration photos of kill teams and battle scenes.
FREE SHIPPING ELIGIBILITY
Orders containing Pre-Order items will be held until ALL products in the order have been released.
Pre-Orders are paid in full at time of checkout.
ORDER ADJUSTMENTS (SHIPPING OR DELIVERY ADDRESS CHANGES)
Changes to existing orders can be made by contacting The Hooded Goblin shipping department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address changes must be made by a member of staff. Changing the information on your account will not change the order details on our end. You must email or call us if you need to update this information.
Please try to give as much advance notice as possible if you are moving or changing addresses and have outstanding orders with us.
QUANTITY & ORDER ADJUSTMENTS
We reserve the right to adjust the quantities of products ordered. These decisions will be made on a case by case basis and you will be notified of any changes made to your order. This pertains to and is not limited to "buyouts" and other orders involving the sale of high demand products. If an order is deemed to be for resale purposes it may also be subject to a potential adjustment.
WHERE DO WE DELIVER?
Currently we ship anywhere within Canada.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP/ BE DELIVERED?
Please allow 1-3 business days for your order to process and ship. We are always doing our best to make sure your order is sent as quickly as possible! We are also not open Monday's so please calculate that into your shipping estimates.
NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE VERIFICATION (SECURITY CHECK)
Orders may be subject to a name, address, and phone verification with the issuing bank of the credit card. If there are any discrepancies or errors that arise from this process we will attempt to contact you to resolve the issue. Credit or Debit cards issued outside the USA or Canada are not accepted as we cannot perform this step if necessary.
You can provide special delivery instructions in the notes section provided at checkout. If you have a last minute change/request or instructions which require special attention please contact us at (289) 891 6493.
At checkout you will have the option to select In-Store Pickup at our brick-and-mortar location. Your order will be held for at least one month after processing. You must show valid Photo ID when picking up your order. If you would like to designate someone else to pick up your order on your behalf you must leave their name in the order notes or email us at email@example.com with their name and your order number.
SHIPPING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
We are currently not shipping to the US.
We are not responsible for any customs, duties, or other fees incurred after the initial transaction has processed.
All orders are subject to product availability. If an item is not in stock/over sold when your order is placed, we will attempt to contact you and remove the item from your order.
All orders are taxed according to your Province, Territory or State.
DAMAGED ITEMS RECEIVED
In the unfortunate event that you receive any damaged items in your parcel, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (289) 891 6493 with your order number and a description of the problem. Please also provide a photo of the problem if possible.
If the parcel you receive is damaged please document that as well so that we can be reimbursed by the carrier. We will gladly exchange, return or discount any damaged items once we have confirmation from the carrier of reimbursement.
LOST ITEMS IN THE MAIL
Sometimes items get lost in the mail. If this happens, please contact us and we will get in touch with the shipping company to determine how we can help. All items we ship are shipped with a tracking number.
ONLINE SALES RETURNS
Should you decide you do not want a product within 15 days of delivery or pick-up we will gladly offer a refund upon return of the sealed product. You will be responsible for any shipping costs associated with the return. We do not accept returns on Trading Card Game singles, Trading Card Game sealed product and Sports or Comic Book products.
If the Item qualified for free shipping, that cost of the shipping will be deducted from the return.
OVERSIZED ORDERS, SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OR REMOTE LOCATIONS
In certain extraneous cases, additional shipping charges may be required. In these situations you will be contacted to arrange payment. If you wish to cancel your order at this time we will offer a full refund.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING FEES
If your package is subject to additional fees, the buyer is responsible for the payment of those fees. This includes fees like changing couriers to ship off of the mainland to places like Victoria.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL AN ORDER FOR ANY REASON. IF WE DO YOU WILL RECEIVE A FULL REFUND.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.